Hey there friends! Long time eh?
I just wanted to pop in and let everyone know what's been up with me lately.
I know I just had a list of goals for 2015, and most of those goals will be met, except for the blogging goals...
I've decided to leave blogland indefinitely. I'm not sure if or when I'll return to this blog, but I will still be following most of the blogs I've made great connections with.
My reasons for deciding to take a step away:
1. Time. I just don't seem to have the time to sit down and type up a blog post (let alone, an interesting one) every single day.
2. My kids. I tend to feel bad when I'm so focused on getting up a blog post or replying to other posts when my kids are waiting for me to go play, or do something with (or for) them. I want to disconnect from the internet, and connect with my children.
3. My career. I'm a stay at home mom, but I have decided that I want to go back to work as a Dental Assistant and someday soon become a Registered Dental Assistant. Since I graduated in 2007, and only have about 6 months of experience, I am considering sending out some letters to local Dentists asking if they'd be interested in taking on an intern for a short time. This will be unpaid of course, just for the experience and for some recent references. Now that both of our kids are in school, I feel like I'm wandering aimlessly, so getting back into what I enjoy will be great for me.
4. I've never mentioned this before but I am part of a Prison Ministry. I write letters to women in prison in Arizona. I also send them Bible Studies and Bibles when needed. I have about 5 ladies that I write back and forth with so that takes up some of my time as well.
5. My husband has been struggling with some things lately and it has really put a strain on our relationship so I'd like to put my focus on rekindling our relationship right now. (We are not splitting up or even thinking of doing such a thing!) Sometimes certain issues can just drain a relationship, but we're in this for the long haul and I want to make sure my mind is free from anything extra right now.
If you feel so inclined, please follow me on Instagram: longhairedrunner87 and on Twitter: longhairedone
It's much easier to do a quick fitness update on Instagram or post a picture of what I'm up to, than type up an entire post.
I am dealing with IT band syndrome in my right leg/knee (last winter it was my left leg) so I haven't been running much. BUT I will run a half marathon before the summer. I finished training with my personal trainer, but will still get 1 hour free a month, and I am loving the results! Any time I run I feel much stronger since we focused a lot on my core and upper body.
So, farewell ole' blog of mine. We had a good go. I still love reading blogs and I'll do my best to comment regularly. :-) It sure has been fun, but I am really looking forward to the benefits of unplugging from the internet and plugging into life. ;-)