Sunday, October 26, 2014

Cruising Right Along + Pumpkin Pancakes

Hey there fitfam and friends! How's everything going? Life is pretty grand over here again! (It's ok if you're thinking, gee, this lady's a bit cuckoo..one day she's down, the next she's grand..I'm a female, what can I say?!)

Anywho...
I'm cruising right along (slowly) with my half marathon training! I'm up to 3.5 miles non stop and if you follow me on Instagram you probably saw this gem:
Talk about runners high! If 3.5 miles can make me this happy, I can't wait to see what 13.1 feels like! 

So this past week had some changes in my training schedule but it all ended up working out fine. I also agreed to use my free hour of personal training at the gym on Thursday. It was so fun trying new things and making a new friend at the gym! Unfortunately I couldn't sign up for weekly training sessions right now, but my husband said once he gets a job we can most likely do 6 weeks! I feel I could definitely benefit from having someone holding me accountable for my workouts and encouraging me to reach my goal. 

Getting my miles up gives me mixed feelings..mainly because of how many injuries I've had this year. I'm afraid to get so far, then get injured and be set back yet again. But, as long as I'm doing everything I'm supposed to do ie: eat healthy, strength train, foam roll and stretch, I think I'll make it to that half marathon starting line stronger than ever. 

Since I haven't done this in a while I'm going to go back to the good ole days and fill you in on some random happenings. 

Daniel had his 11th Birthday last Wednesday! How did that happen?? I sure do love this kid! 



Our newest additions to the fam. Daniel used some of his birthday money to buy two Zebra Finches. Very quiet at night..pretty much all that matters. 
I've been having issues with my stomach for the past couple months, so when I came across Kevita Probiotic Sparkling water I decided to give it a try. I bought two and drank them over the course of about four days. It seemed to really help my stomach pain. It also seemed to clean out my system...which is always a good thing. ;-) 
These will definitely be my go-to drink when my stomach starts acting up again. 

Here's a little recipe for Pumpkin Pancakes that I tweaked a little to make it a bit healthier. These were so delicious our kids even enjoyed them! 


1 1/4 c. Wheat Flour
1/4 c. Sugar (less would work too)
2 Tsp. Baking Powder
1 Tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
Dash of Cinnamon
1/2 Tsp. salt
1 c. Milk
1/2 c. Pumpkin Puree
1 Egg, beaten
1 Tbsp. Oil

Directions:
Mix dry ingredients. In a separate bowl whisk together milk, pumpkin puree, egg and oil. Pour over dry mixture and stir until moistened. Batter might be slightly lumpy. Heat griddle to medium heat, coat with butter, oil or spray. Cook each side of pancake for about 4 minutes. Flip once, let cook to desired doneness. (THAT'S NOT A WORD?!)
Enjoy them plain or top with whatever your heart desires!

So how's your weekend going? 
If you raced this weekend, how did it go?
Did it rain where you live? We finally got some rain and it was marvelous! The air feels so clean now.

Have a wonderful week everyone!!

8 comments:

  1. That is awesome about your mileage!
    It's so easy after coming back from an injury to have thoughts that things might happen. But as I am learning, it's better to just take it slow, and things will come.
    We got a few drops of rain today (I think) not much though. We are having this oddly nice weather fall. It's strange, we should be having our first snow storms, instead things are just barely changing color and the grass is still way too green:) It's okay, I'll take it:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've been in a drought here so the rain was needed! It cleaned the air too which feels great! We live where there are almond, walnut and peach orchards and everything here is farmed on sand.. so it gets quite dusty around here. Rain is a blessing! 😊

      Delete
  2. Happy late birthday to the big boy! It's crazy how fast they grow. Glad to hear your running is doing good! I'm living my running life through you right now!
    Ashley @ Kickashmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! He still has his favorite stuffed dog in his closet from when he was two and he came out of his room the other night with it and said, this takes me way back! Haha he's still my little boy. :-)
      You'll be out running again before you know it!

      Delete
  3. I'm glad the running is going well! Those pancakes look delicious, too bad Mike doesn't like pumpkin. Crazy, I know. Do you think they'd freeze ok? I could just make a batch for myself and warm them up to eat over the rest of the week...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure they'd freeze ok. My kids loved them so I only have one left in the fridge. :-) I had one cold yesterday for a snack and it was good!

      Delete
  4. These pancakes look delish, I might be trying them out this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from everyone so please, leave a comment!