Tuesday, December 9, 2014

The Fit Dish: What's Next?

Happy Tuesday friends & fitfam! Thanks for stopping by! I hope you'll stick around and #dishthefit with us. We're talking about goals for 2015! So sit down, relax and dive right in to this week's The Fit Dish!


Thanks Jessica & Jill for this awesome link-up once again! 

Wow! What a year 2014 turned out to be! I would love to say I wouldn't want to change a thing, but that would be lying. I'd erase the running injuries I had that kept me out of running for 6 months and I sure would've kept my grandpa around a lot longer if it were up to me. But, that's the crazy thing about life: it's unplanned. I've grown so much mentally, physically and spiritually. <----All of which wasn't planned.

So what's next? What are my goals for 2015? 

Physically:
As of right now, I'm hoping to run my first half marathon by the Spring. Now, this depends on my body and if it can handle the mileage. I've never run more than 5 miles and I'm at that point right now, which is pretty scary for me since I'm so injury prone; but my heart and my mind are set on finishing what I started a few months ago. 

I've never been one to plan races for the entire year because you just never know what's going to happen. I'd like to keep increasing my mileage and if a race comes up that I'd like to run, I'll run it. Keepin' it simple folks. ;-)

Mentally: 
I would love to continue on with this positive mindset. Who wouldn't?! 



Spiritually:
I want to spend more time reading and praying, as well as doing yoga and meditation to keep me centered and level headed. It's been some time since I've done yoga to relaxing music, but I haven't forgotten the benefits!

This sums it all up for me :-)

I'm keeping it pretty simple today friends! But that seems to be my thing these days. Before you leave, tell me what is one goal you have for 2015, no matter what it may be! 

Make it a great week everyone!! 

20 comments:

  1. Things seem to work out better for me when I keep it simple too. As far as 2015 goals, I haven't thought about that yet. I can't believe that 2014 is almost over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I have kids so I definitely don't want time to go by any quicker than it already is!

      Delete
  2. I am totally with you on the yoga and positive thinking. I think no matter what, if your mind is in the right place your life will be too! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your injuries. I have to keep my running to 3 times a week, to prevent knee tweakage, but I find it keeps my love of running burning. And, crosstraining with Insanity has made me injury free for over a year! Just, keep your long runs slow, and increase mileage slowly. Sure you know that, though. Love your spiritual perspective! I need to hear that! Take care, friend! Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I run only 3 times a week too! Totally works for me! Adding in strength training and foam rolling seems to be doing the trick for keeping injuries away!

      Delete
  4. Yoga and meditation sure are fabulous! I hope to do more of that in 2015 too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally focused on 100% recovery, getting stronger and correcting muscle imbalances this year all with a goal of running injury free. Now I'm ready! One of my goals is a sub-2:00 half. The positive mindset will take you far my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a great goal! And totally achievable for someone who worked so hard for it! Thanks for stopping by Jill!

      Delete
  6. Love how simple these are! I think I definitely have a tendency to list a billion things I want to get done, and then it gets way too overwhelming.

    I love the quote on having a positive outlook! :] So true!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That's so true! I was feeling really overwhelmed last week and it really affected my workouts, so I'm trying to just keep things simple right now and not over think the training. Thanks for stopping by Farrah!

      Delete
  7. You can do the half. I know it. It's a mental game. Just take it slow. I have so many goals for 2015. I'm so excited to get back into running but the biggest thing is I'm going to launch my own cooking show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the support! I know I can do it, it's just going to take some time to build up the mileage. :-) Wow! A cooking show?? That's amazing! I can't wait to hear all about it!

      Delete
  8. This year I decreased my running days and increased my biking days and it worked for me. Hope you get to run that half!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea! I do only run 3 days a week, one of those days being speed work. So distance wise, I'm only running two days a week right now. Which works for me. It gives my body time to recover fully before tackling more mileage. Thanks for stopping by Tina!

      Delete
  9. Really great goals. Positive thinking is so important! I admire your simplicity :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I tend to take on more than I can handle, so keeping things simple is working out well for me. One goal at a time for this girl ;-)

      Delete
  10. Love your goals, you'll get them that is for sure!
    Your half marathon training is going great, just put those injury thoughts to the back of your mind, I think injuries are so much rarer than we really think. Just having one tends to make us cautious about then in the future. But if your careful, watch your stretching and trying new things, as those are generally the main causes for new injuries. I'll be cheering for you as you break that 5 mile point in the near future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristy!
      I broke that 5 mile point yesterday with my first ever 6 mile run! And I did it on the treadmill! :-D So happy about that!

      Delete

I enjoy hearing from everyone so please, leave a comment!