Friday, February 21, 2014

And Just Like That, He's Gone

Today was the funeral and burial of my dear grandpa. I will spare you too many details because we all know funerals are hard, to say the least. I just wanted to write this post because I feel like it will give me a little more closure. 

Going to bed last night wasn't easy.
Waking up and getting ready this morning wasn't easy.
But I am so thankful for a husband who supports me and gives me that extra push when I need it most. I might not have gone to the service if it weren't for him to snap me back into reality.



Family means everything to us. My kids told me they loved me multiple times today. Having them with me made it a tad bit easier.

Bobby Elven Goucher
3-1-34 to 2-14-14


As we drove away I looked back one last time and they were lowering him into the ground.
I told my husband, he's gone.
It's all so surreal but I'm ready for the healing process. I know I'll never forget him so I'm ok with moving forward with my life. He wouldn't want me to sit around and cry.

He will be missed.


5 comments:

  1. Big hugs. I'm glad you made it through today and had the support of your husband and kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Life sure is easier with the love and support from family. And friends ;-)

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry about your loss!! Sending hugs your way today!! So glad you have the love and support of your family to help you through this time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grace and peace to you, my sister in Christ. The time is soon approaching when the things of this life, and of this world, will never be brought to mind again.
    God hath said, "Behold, I make all things new!"...

    I send to you and to your family my love in Christ Jesus.
    May this surreal stroke of life be a tool in God's mighty hand to provoke us all to a greater urgency to teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost...
    The kingdom of God is at hand.
    Shalom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your encouraging words. Through this I have realized how short life really is. We have a greater hope and peace knowing what awaits us after this life has gone. God is our Comforter. :-)

      Delete

I enjoy hearing from everyone so please, leave a comment!