Sunday, May 11, 2014

Liebster Award


First off I'd like to thank Chaitali @ RunningandEnjoying for nominating me for this award. And thank you for all the comments you leave for me!
If you haven't checked out her blog I think you should!

This post is really late so let's get started!

1. What inspires you to lead a healthy lifestyle?
My kids inspire me to lead a healthy lifestyle. I want to be the best example for them in many areas of their lives and I think physical health is a crucial part of their well being. 

2. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging some time ago when I was wanting to take my writing a bit further. I love to write. Funny story: so when I first started blogging, I had no clue what I was doing. I would create a whole new blog every time I should've just been creating a new post! As soon as we get internet back I will be transfering all of those posts here to this blog. I used to write more from my heart than I do now. But as time changes so do we. 

3. What is the biggest obstacle you've overcome?
I think I'd have to say overcoming self doubt. Sure I have my weak moments but I am a much stronger person in many ways than just physical than I was before I started my weightloss journey. I know I'm capable of doing what I set my mind to do.

4. What is your favorite vacation spot?
Hmm..since I haven't been to many places I'd say Monterey, Ca. That's where my husband proposed to me and where he took me whale watching for one of my birthdays. Plus, I really love the beach.

5. What is the one piece of gear or clothing that you would recommend to a new runner?
Of course: running shoes! I would highly recommend getting fitted at a running store. The employees are much more educated when it comes to running than someone from a regular shoe store.

6. What was the last book you read and would recommend to others?
I'm actually reading two books right now that are great! ChiRunning and Born To Run. Go figure they're running books! ;-)

7. What is your preferred way to spend a weekend?
I love being with my family but I also dream of quiet alone time. I'd love to just sit around and read all weekend long. And snack on chocolate. :-)

8. What is your favorite race you've run so far?
I really enjoyed my second 5k. It was the Blue Devil's Dash n Splash about a year ago. My husband ran it with me and I was able to keep up with him most of the time. We both ended up placing second in our age group so that was a plus! The course was nice and well planned out. The food was amazing afterwards. Breakfast burritos, watermelon, bananas and lots to drink. And the option to jump in the college pool if you wanted. I'd run this one again but maybe the 10k this year.

9. Puppies or kittens?
Both as long as they stay young. Haha I like cats but ssshh don't tell my husband. 

10. What is a dream race on your bucket list?
Hmmm.. I don't really plan my races but I have read many great things about a Disney race or the Nike women's races. Those are two that come to mind when thinking of races I'd like to do.

Since I was nominated I need to pick at least ten blogs to nominate for the liebster award. Most of the blogs I follow have been around for a bit longer than 2 years so here are some blogs that I'd like to nominate and give a little shout out to:


1. Lindsay @ LindsayWeighsIn
2. Kristy @ RunawayBridalPlanner
3. Stephanie @ CatLadyRuns
4. Ashley @ KickAshMom
5. Mindy @ RoadRunnerGirl
6. Lauren @ BreatheDeeplyandSmile
7. Jo W @ RunFastEatLots
8. Zaneta @ RunnersLuck
9. Courtney @ TheTriGirlChronicles
10. Katie @ FromIcecreamToMarathon

Here are your ten questions:
1. How did you come up with the name to your blog?

2. What's your favorite distance to run or your favorite workout?

3. If you could eat one kind of candy for the rest of your life, what would it be?

4. Best advice you've ever received? (Doesn't have to be fitness related)

5. Are you easily amused? If so, tell us something that would make you laugh.

6. Do you live in workout clothes or think it's "tacky"?

7. How many siblings do you have?

8. What's your favorite color?

9. Can you tell I can't think of any more questions?

10. Have you held signs for a race? What did they say?

Whew! This post took way longer than expected!
Check out these awesome blogs if you haven't already!

I hope all the moms had a great mother's day!






6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the answers! I loved getting to know more about you :) I'm definitely with you on teh self-doubt thing. It's a constant obstacle to overcome but running has definitely made me stronger at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out! I hope you had a great mother's day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome!
      Thanks! I hope you did too!

      Delete
  3. You had me laughing about how when you started blogging you created a new blog for each new post. That is great, love it!!!!!
    Monerey, CA such a beautiful spot, great location to have gotten engaged at, love it!
    Thank you for the mention, you are awesome, I love reading your blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! Total newbie!
    No problem!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from everyone so please, leave a comment!