Hey there! I'm linking up with Amanda @ MomWhoTris Susan @ MomSwimBikeRun and Sue @ ThisMamaRunsForCupcakes for Wonder Mom Wednesdays!
This week's topic: Reasons I Workout!
I remember doing a post similar to this a few months ago, possibly less. So if it seems like I'm repeating some things, I apologize in advance.
Some of you know that I battle depression. That is a huge reason why I exercise/workout. I have found that exercise when coupled with prayer, works wonders for me.
Today I'd like to talk about five other reasons I workout, run, exercise, get my sweat on and so forth...
1. Exercise makes me feel like a person. No, really. It makes me realize I am alive, I am healthy and I am strong. It makes me feel like I'm being "me" for an hour a day and not just mommy, wife, housekeeper, chauffeur and mediator.
|Thanks Lorna Jane|
2. I run to get my endorphin fix. Endorphins=happy and happy mom/wife=happy home. That sounds bad but it's somewhat true. We all know running is the best form of cardio. Cardio workouts create high levels of endorphins meaning your mood is going to be automatically boosted. So it's in everyone's best interest to let mommy run. :-D Being a mom is rewarding in so many ways, but...you knew there was going to be a but didn't you? But, it's also very demanding and stressful at times. So if you can find an outlet (that's healthy) to help you de-stress, go for it.
3. Working out makes me feel good. Its that simple. It makes me feel better physically..maybe after I can walk a few days after leg day.. and it makes me feel better mentally. My confidence is soaring after a good, sweaty workout. I'm not a prideful person at all, but working out has boosted my self esteem. There is nothing wrong with someone feeling good about themselves.
|This is a pretty good reason to feel good about myself. ;-)|
4. I exercise to set a good example for our children. If they grow up with active parents, they are more likely to be active as well. My daughter keeps asking, "when do I get to race?!" That's music to my ears! Our son plays Soccer and has been on the track team the past two years. They also love going to the track to run around and play while we run. Our most recent activity we all enjoyed was swimming at the gym pool. They enjoy being active and I love seeing that we're paving a healthy path for them.
5. Being active has helped me "come out of my shell". I've met some amazing athletes, made so many awesome friends through social media and stepped out of my comfort zone many times. The running community is simply amazing and we all understand each other's love/addiction to the sport. Living an active lifestyle and sharing that passion with others is something I've never experienced before. Also knowing I inspire others to live healthier lives, gives me that constant motivation to keep moving forward.
(Have a WONDERful Wednesday everyone!! hardy har har..
And remember to check out all the other awesome moms linking up today! Click on any of the links at the top!
What's one reason YOU workout??