Sunday, December 8, 2013

A Rut and a Promise

I've been in such a workout/running rut lately. It's been a few days since I've done anything active. I know rest days are good but I'm just not feeling up to doing anything! Maybe it's the weather or maybe it's a little spout of depression. Who knows? But what I do know is that exercise helps fight off depression and I need to force myself to workout today. I'm planning part of Jillian Michaels' Killer Buns N Thighs and then a run on the treadmill. Everyone goes through these "ruts" every now and then right? I couldn't possibly be the only one.

Enough about that stuff.

So the man and I have been very blessed lately when the weekends come around because my lovely mother in law picks up our kids and has them over for a night or two. This weekend we were able to enjoy pure freedom for two whole nights! And since we have such amazing lives, we sat around the house and did absolutely nothing the first night; except ask each other about 5 million times "What do you wanna do?" Yesterday was a bit more exciting. We did some shopping, some eating and some boring movie watching.

I busted out one of my favorite kitchen appliances. I love making fresh juices but it is a lot of cleanup work, so it doesn't happen as often as I'd like. I made some carrot and orange juice with chia seeds. I used 4 carrots, 1 orange and about a teaspoon of chia seeds.


Since I've been wanting egg rolls, my husband offered to take me to a restaurant that I've kind of been avoiding because of what the outside looks like..shallow, I know. I'm so ashamed I judged a book by it's cover. I gave in and went since my craving for egg rolls outweighed my thoughts of what the building looked like. I also HATE buffets. I avoid them because I think they're gross. I'm really not a shallow person, I promise. I have my quirks just like everyone else.
 I know my plate looks pretty wimpy, BUT, they charge by the pound if you waste food, so I wanted to start out with a little bit so I could taste what I wanted. The food tasted great, but it wasn't very hot. The restaurant was pretty clean where the food was, it wasn't too busy so not a lot of people touching everything, but the floors were dirty, which was a turnoff for me. (writing this post I'm realizing I have a lot of strange quirks)
The decor was pretty cool. Loving this tree!

After dinner we drove all the way home (about 10 minutes) and pulled in the driveway and decided we weren't ready to be home. So what did we do? You probably won't guess...we went to Walmart to return some insoles that didn't work so well for the man. Of course we couldn't go into Walmart and not look around so we browsed a bit. I found the coolest hat! Well, I think it's pretty cool, even if it is a toddler hat. 
(My name is Fawn, and when I was younger my friends called me Fawntastic.) 
I'm aware that this is not helping the "cool" factor in my life but who cares? :-)

Ended the evening with my first cup of hot cocoa of the winter and a super boring movie we spent almost 8 bucks on. We didn't even make it halfway through it and switched to Leave It To Beaver. We're cool like that.

Oh! I almost forgot! My fortune cookie's fortune was too good not to share!
 Dream lofty dreams, and as you dream, so shall you become.

Such great motivation eh?

Now for my promise: I promise that I will have some information/educational type blogs coming soon. Lately I'm sure they haven't had much of a point to them, and I like to blog about things with meaning. So, I am working on a couple blogs that are either informational or personal/serious topics. Although this won't happen often and I'll still post about random junk I do every day, I still want to make the effort to bring my readers something more than just what I do in my every day life. 

How was your weekend?

What's your favorite hot drink on cold days?

How do you get motivated after being in a "rut"?

Enjoy your Sunday everyone!
I'll be making a donut cake today and noshing on some chicken fettuccine alfredo later. After enjoying some fellowship & Bible study with friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from everyone so please, leave a comment!