Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Just Another Wednesday

It took me way too long to figure out a title for this post. Now the word Wednesday and looks odd because I typed it and deleted it so many times.


So you may or may not have heard that I'm suffering from a minor IT band strain. ;-) Thankfully it's not severe and a little time and a whole lot of stretching and foam rolling will heal it. Hopefully.

I have fallen in love with my foam roller. How did I ever live without one?
Yes I took a selfie with it and yes I am a dork.

I attempted another run on the treadmill but with my knee and leg wrapped. I was able to run half a mile without pain then I had to walk for another half mile. I can do no-to-low impact exercises without pain so here's what I did:

20 single leg squats (each leg)
50 regular squats (shook out & stretched after 25)
30 side leg raises (laying on my side)
50 crunches

Topped off with stretching and foam rolling. Injuries have a way of forcing me to strength train. Although I do know how important it is for runners to strength train.

And here's my lunch. A bunless turkey burger. Cuz I'm healthy like that.

Then I made a banana cake and ate one or three pieces.

Today while most of the world is probably feasting on turkey we went to lunch at the Grand China buffet. I didn't get any pics of our food. Blogger fail.

I'm hoping to get back to running by the beginning of the year. *Fingers crossed!*

Enjoy the rest of your Wednesday! I have a bed full of laundry that's just begging to be folded. Funny how the only one who hears it is me. -_-

Do you like bunless burgers?

How do you strength train?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from everyone so please, leave a comment!