Monday, December 2, 2013

A zoo, some tennis, and a run

Sunday: We took the kids to the local zoo. It's a small zoo so it doesn't take all day and it's inexpensive. They were bummed the gift shop was closed..and honestly so was I because I really like buying them stuff. But it was still a nice visit.

 This rooster is THE COOLEST rooster ever. It's about half the size of a hen, full grown! And it crows like a champ!
 Goats, Alpacas and llamas

After the zoo our kids went to their grandma's for lunch while I had some much needed girl time with my sister. We played tennis..our way. Not by the rules. Then played a little hackie sack. I'm no good at that. Tennis is a fun way to burn calories, talk and get a little frustration out by whacking the ball really hard.

I finally tried out our treadmill. It's been a few years since I ran on a treadmill so it took a little time to get used to it. I'm not sure if I like it yet..it'll be nice to be able to get a run in just about every day but it sure is boring.
Anyway, today's Monday and I did two quick miles on it. It's very convenient..I don't have to worry about planning a run. So that's nice.
She thinks it's a new toy. She waits for me to be done running then she gets on and says "make it go fast!" That's my girl!

How was your weekend?
What workouts did you do?
Do you like running on the treadmill?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from everyone so please, leave a comment!