Monday, November 18, 2013

Motivational Monday (2)






I really like this photo. It speaks for itself. 
Boy have I been feeling down in the dumps today! 
I'm thinking a good run this evening will snap me out of it. I have my first
5 mile race this coming Saturday but I'm really not feeling motivated to do 
anything today. Maybe I'll get in a lower body/leg workout. Maybe I won't. 
We'll see. I'm not setting anything in stone. I blame the cloudy weather for 
my dumpy mood. 

Time for some motivation!! Doesn't usually take long to get me motivated to run or get moving after google-ing "running inspiration".


I tend to forget that I enjoy running. I forget why I run sometimes. Then something happens in my life and all I can think about is going out for a run to clear my head. To get out the frustration. To let go and leave everything in God's hands. 




Right now I have a pressing issue that involves one of our children and I just don't even know where to begin. I can't just push it to the back of my mind and hope for the best and pray it all turns out o.k. My mind doesn't work that way. I want to be proactive now. Significantly lower the chances of something horrible happening. I refuse to be one of those parents that doesn't take action when something serious has surfaced. This issue is most likely why I'm feeling "down in the dumps" but all I need is a little motivation. And most of the time that comes from just going out and running and clearing my head and coming home ready to take the first step. Running, meditation and prayer always provide what I need to keep moving forward. 


It's interesting how writing out what I'm feeling helps. Maybe it simply puts things into perspective and causes me to sit and think about the issues at hand. And helps me to realize that I can do all things through Christ which gives me strength. (Philippians 4:13) 

How is your Monday going?
Feel free to leave a comment to motivate or to give me a good chuckle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from everyone so please, leave a comment!