Friday, November 15, 2013

Running is my favorite

Nov. 7, 2013

Whenever I can't run, it's all I seem to think about. 


Since I started running over 18 months ago, I have been "injured" or "sat down" from running about 4 times... Shin splints, two different stress fractures in my feet (1 in each foot @ different times) and now I have this not-so-little annoying thing called pinched nerves. I have been going to physical therapy for a few weeks now (2 days per week) and I have only run about 4-6 miles.... I tried doing some cross training while I'm out but it's just not the same and it's leaving me even more tense than running ever has. So now I'm pretty much on light duty...I never thought I'd be so addicted to that endorphin rush but hey, there's much worse I could be addicted to, right? I like to think running is a lot like life...you learn as you go. Now for some of the reasons why I run and why I think you should too. :-)



True that.



Word.


This is too true. I KNOW when I need to run. I'm like a ticking time bomb..then I go for a run and come back sweeter than my mother-in-law's English toffee. It's like magic.


I double dog dare you to start running. You won't die. You might feel like you're going to die when your lungs are burning, but trust me, you'll probably just dry heave a couple times. You'll go home, take a shower and want to go back for more. 



Since I seem to be so tense when I run or exercise, if anyone wants to send me ChiRunning, I'd be eternally grateful. I guess I could spend the 12 bucks and just get it on my Nook... 

But for now I'll sit and sulk about not being able to run. And eat Taco Bell til my heart is content.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from everyone so please, leave a comment!