Monday, November 11, 2013

Motivational Monday

So I'm moving up in the running world. Signing up for my first 5 miler! I've only ran two 5k's and haven't ventured past 4 miles yet. Yet. I know I can do it, I'm just a little nervous to up my miles within two weeks. The race is on the 23rd. Is that enough time? I'm sure it is. 
For some reason I don't want to pass this race up. I keep thinking about it so I'm just going to do it. 




When I ran my 2nd 5k, I felt very competitive. I enjoyed passing people. My body felt good and strong. Placing 2nd within my age group felt great; But there's an even greater feeling: Finishing what you started. Crossing a finish line is like putting a check mark on a mental checklist of goals. I've set goals in my mind that I hope to be able to check off in the near future. I don't want to feel better than anyone. I've learned that the only one I'm in competition with is myself. 


I want to apply this to every aspect of my life. Not just running.
Physically, Spiritually & Mentally better than yesterday.


Today I ran 4 miles in 40 minutes. 10 minute miles are SLOW, I know, but I felt comfortable at that pace. Plus, I allowed myself to walk a couple times. I'm learning to listen to my body and not my mind. Right now I'm trying to get my miles up, not my pace. 


I'm thinking I'm going to print this out and put it on my fridge.


Maybe one day I'll get to run that half marathon, but for now I'll enjoy the mile I'm in. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from everyone so please, leave a comment!