Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Thankful Tuesday

I thought of this post while I was getting a massage in Physical Therapy today. Maybe it's because Thanksgiving is right around the corner or maybe it's just nice to think of all the things you're thankful for. To remind yourself how blessed you are. I've heard many times, "Count your blessings, not your problems." It's a good quote to live by. Anywho, here is a list of things I am thankful for:

1. Of course number one on my list will always be God. I am so thankful to have the God of the universe walking through this life with me. I would be lost without Him.

2. My family, friends, acquaintances, people in my life, people from my past, people I have yet to meet. You all have a reason for being in my life. I wouldn't be who I am today if it weren't for most of the people in my life. 
3. My children. They are my world. Yes, even when I'm mad at them or irritated with them. I am so thankful God gave us two completely different, unique, talented, sweet hearted and beautiful children. I've learned more from my kids than from anyone. 


 Daniel-10 yrs old & Kate-4 (almost 5) yrs old

4. My husband. I am so blessed to be married to a man who loves God and strives to do his very best to support and provide for his family. He has made so many sacrifices for us. I can't thank him enough for just being who he is. He also loves to run! So that's a plus. :-) 


5. Physical Therapy. I have learned so much about my body the past few weeks. I've also learned some pretty sweet tricks to roll out my muscles with two tennis balls and some really good back strengthening exercises. I love when I come out of something smarter than when I went in. 

6. Food. Lately I've been trying new recipes and broadening my horizons when it comes to food. I usually play it safe and stick with what I know I like, but lately, trying new things hasn't let me down. I'm thankful for food & the job my husband has so we can buy the foods we enjoy.

7. Cereal. I know this is considered a food BUT I'm thankful for cereal because it's so versatile (not sure if that's the right word now that I'm proof reading). I can eat it any time of the day and it still tastes good and satisfies my hunger. 

8. The internet. Yes, I'm thankful for the internet. So I can blog (and have my 1 follower receive my post via email since for some weird reason I haven't had any other followers) and so I can read other blogs from mother runners or anyone else who has something inspiring or funny to say.

9. Transportation. My trusty Subaru has been having some issues lately. So it's time to move on. :-( I'm very sad about this because I just put a 5k sticker on the back window like 2 weeks ago! BUT on the bright side, my wonderful husband has given me his Dodge Dakota and he's going to drive back and forth to work in something like a Saturn so that the kids and I have something reliable. Isn't that sweet?! AND he said I can put race stickers on the back window. Sounds like a deal to me.  
10. This one should've been higher on the list but it just now popped into my head. I'm thankful for a house to live in with warmth when we need it, and cooling when we need it. Something that so many people don't have. It's such a luxury to be able to just flip a switch and boom, hot/cool air coming out of vents. 

11. Hot showers. I. LOVE. HOT. SHOWERS. 

12. I almost forgot. I can't believe I almost forgot this one. I'm thankful for my two legs. No joke. Without them I couldn't run or walk or do anything else that I probably take for granted every day. Even if I'm not too pleased with them at the moment, I'm still thankful for my strong, healthy legs. 

So there's my list. If I think of anything else I'll add it. 
So what are YOU thankful for this fine Tuesday evening?
We're ending our evening with dinner with the fam and some freshly made banana bread for dessert. Life is good.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from everyone so please, leave a comment!