This is one of my favorite things to make for my family because everyone loves it. Well, three out of the four of us loves it, and Daniel doesn't complain so I'll take that as a like from a picky eater.
I thought since it's one of our faves I'd share it with you!
I got the original recipe from food.com but made it my own by a few alterations.
3 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
1/2 c water, plus 2 tbsp water divided
1 lb your choice beef, cut into 2 in strips
2 tbsp canola oil (what I had on hand)
4 c (more or less, your choice) broccoli florets
1 small red onion, chopped
1 container of mushrooms, sliced
1/3 c soy sauce
1/8 c teriyaki sauce
2 tbsp brown sugar
Hot cooked rice
1. In a bowl combine 2 tbsp of cornstarch, 2 tbsp water and garlic salt. Mix until smooth.
2. Add beef and toss.
3. In a large work or skillet over medium heat, saute chopped onion and about half of the mushrooms.
4. Once the onions are cooked, add beef and cook to desired doneness.
6. Sauce: mix together soy sauce, teriyaki, cornstarch and about half a cup of water.
7. Add beef and sauce back to pan with broccoli and mushrooms. Cook to desired doneness. Rice should be done when beef and broccoli is done.
8. Serve over hot rice and enjoy!
The winner of the bloghop giveaway has been announced and emailed! Thank you to everyone who participated and followed my blog! Congratulations Natasha Areena!